Inyati Game Lodge is situated in one of the world’s largest and most prestigious private conservation areas, the Sabi Sand Wildtuin, adjoining the renowned Kruger National Park.
The perennial Sand River with its golden African sunshine and cool, shady hideaways runs through Inyati Game Lodge. At night, wildlife sounds fill the star-studded sky. Lions roar, jackals howl and hyenas laugh. African drums respond. The Sabi Sand Wildtuin (reserve) is home to the ‘Big Five’ (elephant, rhino, lion, leopard and buffalo), as well as cheetah, wild dog and hundreds of other species of animals, birds and plants indigenous to the area. View Africa’s most impressive wildlife on morning and afternoon/evening game drives in open 4-wheel drive safari vehicles with expert guides and Shangaan trackers. Game drives traverse an area of 10 000 hectares (24 700 acres) and strict vehicle limits at sighting ensure the exclusivity of your game viewing experience.
Inyati can accommodate a maximum of 25 guests maintaining the family ambience it’s become renowned for. The lodge consists of three luxury family chalets and eight luxury standard chalets, all tastefully furnished with uninterrupted views of the African bush overlooking the Sand river.
Luxury Larger Chalets
The 3 larger chalets offer an extra length king-sized bed, a double bed and a single bed making it the perfect choice for families sharing. There are 4 standard luxury chalets with extra length king-sized beds and the remaining 4 standard luxury rooms all have comfortable twin beds. All beds are protected with high quality mosquito nets.
Inyati has been recognised by the Lilizela Tourism Awards for the best “Visitor’s Experience Award for the Best Wildlife Encounters”. Open game vehicles, which seat up to 10 guests, are driven by experienced rangers and insightful trackers. With over 9,000 hectares of traversing wilderness, no two game drives are ever the same.
- Inyati is a photographer’s paradise. The ever-changing skies at dawn and dusk, the fast moving lightning storms in the afternoon and the myriad of fascinating animals, birds and insects keep aspiring and professional photographers alike permanently captivated.
Kids on Safari
- Parents travelling with young kids can book them on our fun and educational Young Rangers Programme. Children will be taught how to use their full range of senses to fully appreciate the wonder of nature. At the end of their stay, children will be issued with an Inyati Young Rangers certificate and will have learnt a great deal about the wild African outdoors.
- Guests can enjoy informative bush walks for guests over the age of 16 years. Professionally trained guides cater to guests’ preferences and fitness levels pointing out animal tracks, dung, hiding spots, rare birds and sharing details about the rich cultural history of the area.
- Inyati offers fishing as an extra activity between game drive times. All fishing equipment is supplied by the lodge and is done in the Sand River which is home to over 37 species of fish. Safety is paramount so guests are always accompanied by an armed ranger or tracker.
- The lodge has a fully air-conditioned gym available for guest use. Facilities include an electronic bicycle and step machine as well as free weights. Water and gym towels are available in the gym for your convenience.
- A range of local and other African curios and crafts are available for purchase in our curio shop. Where possible, we source products locally to help support and develop our communities.
- Please feel free to relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of nature on the deck overlooking the river.
- The swimming pool is situated adjacent to the bar / dining area. Sun loungers and swimming towels have been placed at the poolside for your convenience.